What is RSS? How can it save you time?
Watch this movie now!
*Special thanks to Des Osborn for pointing out this movie after a recent Elluminate Session… e-Tools ‘n Tips
There a few more of these “in Plain English” videos by Lee LeFever at CommonCraft
There has been a lot of interest in RSS lately. What is RSS, how can it help you and save you time? If the movie above wasn’t enough, then check out some of the links below…
Looking at my blog statistics and reader clicks, the RSS information seems to be the most popular, so here is a list of posts and resources from the archives;
- Netvibes Vs Google Reader – Aug 14th
- Alex’s demonstration of netvibes – August 13th
- Netvibes ‘How To’ – June 14th
- RSS in education - April 18th
Other good RSS feed readers;
- netvibes – this site is really cool. Your feeds are loaded into pods that you can click and drag around your homepage. You can also add To-Do lists, weather, search engines, calendars (very Mac friendly), video searches, and more…
- pageflakes - here’s another site you can personalise with your favorite news, weather, sports, entertainment, photos, videos, music, email…and much more, all in one place!
- bloglines – another useful site that once you have an account, you can add RSS feeds… I find this hard to use in comparison to netvibes and pageflakes
Leave a Reply