Embedding Blogging into your Educational Spaces
In Phase one of the Technolog-e sessions, we looked at Educational uses of Blogs.
As part of this challenge, we will explore some of the techniques you can use to embed blogging into your work, whether that’s engaging colleagues, student, family or all of them (you get out of this as much as you put in) in the one space.
It’s time to strengthen our network, collaborate more with our team, and email less.
So let’s start with our own Blog Challenge.
Note: One task a day (even a quick one) might be a bit much to ask of you, but you have some paid time for your role once a week. So I am asking you to take 10 – 15 mins to complete one task per week for five weeks.
To learn about the power of blogs, we need to start using them. There’s not much point me listing the blog challenges on our team wiki, so I’ll do it through my blog….
Task 1 – Write A Post
If you haven’t already
- Set up a blog with Blogger and Edublogs .
- Watch this video on how to set up an edublogs blog.
- Your blog title and URL address is important, it sticks, consider carefully.
- Choose a design/ template/ style – don’t spend too much time on this yet, it’s a later task.
- Get started by writing your first post. Watch this video on how to write posts for Edublog blogs. This could be a welcome, an introduction to you and why you have a blog, it could invite other to comment on your first post.
For some tips withnumber 5, read Sue’s tips.
* image from here